Montana Canvas Wall Tent Standard Features
Montana Canvas Wall Tents are available in three materials: Relite, 10-oz Canvas and 12-oz Canvas. Also available is the Montana Blend, which combines Relite and 10-oz Canvas. Learn more about Wall Tent Materials.
All tent materials are treated to resist mildew, retard flame and repel water. All tent materials meet the California Fire Marshall specifications. View wall tent material weight comparisons.
Every Montana Canvas wall tent also includes the following options, which most manufacturers charge extra for:
- Stove jack with a weather flap in your choice of 4", 5" or 6" opening. This stove jack is designed to withstand the extremely high temperatures associated with the use of a single wall stove pipe. Standard placement is inside the front door on the left. Please let us know if you would like your stove jack in an alternate location. The 4" stove jack is round. The 5" and 6" stove jacks are oval.
- Full length ridge pole reinforcement with additional reinforcement at the gable ends. Each gable end opens to allow the use of a lodge pole frame or to set up the tent on a rope strung between two trees.
- Eaves constructed of a double layer of material, double layer of heavy duty reinforced vinyl and ¼ inch rope. Eaves designed with a flap with a row of grommets for staking out the side walls of the tent.
- End wall seams using six layers of material – double locked stitch.
- Side walls are a full 5 feet in height.
- Doors are 7'6" in height and are secured by a heavy duty, trouble-free, plastic YKK zipper with a generous weather flap that is secured by Fastex side release buckles. Tie back straps with side release buckles are also included for holding the doors open.
- The bottom edge of the tent walls is reinforced with webbing and designed with grommets instead of sewn-in stake loops to allow you to stake your tent from the inside or the outside. Stakes are not included with the tent; we recommend visiting your local hardware store and buying simple steel nail stakes for the floor. They are very inexpensive and fit through the grommets perfectly.
- The sod cloth that attaches to the bottom edge of the tent walls extends a generous 12" to provide a weather-tight seal. Compatible with any terrain and weather condition, the sod cloth can be folded inside or extended outside the assembled tent.
- A hank of rope and tension adjusters (rope slips) are included. Stakes are not included to allow you to purchase stakes of a material suitable for the ground where you will be camping (see note above in #7).
- A storage/carry bag of vinyl and canvas.
- A patch kit and a video that shows you how to set up and care for your tent.
Montana Canvas is located in Southwest Montana. Their wall tent designs are the result of extensive field testing by expert field staff and professional guides who rely on their products. We have used and sold their wall tents for more than 20 years. If there was a better wall tent on the market, we would carry it.