To find the best seat size for a Tucker saddle, use these steps with the below chart:
1. Determine your basic body type by using the examples on right side of chart, and then match it with the corresponding weight in the columns on the left side of the chart.
2. Select a saddle cantle height along with your height at the top of the chart.
3. Where the two columns intercept indicates the best seat size for your body type, height and weight for this saddle style.
Click here to download a printable version of the chart below. This file is 6MB large.
Our experience at Outfitters Supply™:
Tucker Saddle measures their saddle seats according to the typical measuring standard of western saddles, from the base of the horn straight back to the center of the rim of the cantle. However, it has been our experience that because the Gel-Cush padding takes up a good inch of that seat size, most people will be most comfortable in the next size up from their current standard western saddle. In other words, if you normally ride a 16" western saddle comfortably, we would recommend a 17.5" seat in a Tucker Trail Saddle, especially in a style with a high cantle. If your 16" standard western saddle is a bit sloppy for you, the 16.5" Tucker would probably
be fine. These recommendations are presented as a place to start. The only way to know for sure which seat size is right for you is to sit in a Tucker Saddle.
- In our experience, to fit in a 15.5" seat well, the rider should wear no more than a size 4 ladies jean or maybe a size 6 in certain low cantled models.
- If you spend long hours in the saddle, it may be better to choose a seat size where you see 1/2" - 1" of the seat stitching. This extra room accommodates the pelvic shift that occurs if you slouch a little when you begin to tire. To test the seat size for this, sit properly in the saddle and check the stitching. Then slouch and check how much stitching is still showing. Once again, you do not want to be "ride the rise" in a Tucker Saddle.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 888-467-2256.
Would you like to go shopping?
Tucker Saddles Matching Tack
Tucker Saddle Pads
Would you like more information?
Tucker Endurance Saddle Comparison
Tucker Western Saddle Comparison
Tucker Saddles: Saddle Fitting Secrets
Tucker Saddles: Options and Customizations