We've found Alpaca to be one of the best materials available for sensitive-skinned, easily-galled horses. This roper-style cinch is made of 100% Alpaca yarns - one of the worlds rarest natural fibers. Naturally water-repellant and softer than cashmere, alpaca fiber is also extremely strong and resilient. The elasticity of Alpaca is comfortable to your horse and has natural give as he moves.
These cinches are woven by dedicated Amish craftspeople and are simply the best money can buy. Weaver Leather doesn’t stop there though! They add Jeremiah Watt stainless steel hardware adorned with intricate floral engraving and black accents as well as sunset harness leather to take these cinches over the top. Sunset harness leather is stuffed with extra tallows that help prevent leather from absorbing moisture and sweat which causes traditional skirting leather to become stiff and gall horses.
- Double ply, 27-strand Alpaca cord construction
- Measures 3¾ inches wide at buckle ends, 7½ at center
- Available in even sizes 26 inch - 36 inch lengths, measured from buckle end to buckle end
- Leather reinforcement at center helps to keep pressure distributed across the horse's barrel
- Roller buckle allow easy cinching
- Flank set and breastcollar dees sewn into center