These canvas and leather pack slings take the hassle out of hauling your ice chests or bins on a Decker or sawbuck style pack saddle. You can also carry hay bales, firewood, a tent frame, or other oddly-shaped items that won't fit into a pannier. Simply buckle each sling around a cooler and thread the heavy duty Hermann Oak leather straps through the arches on your pack saddle or over the cross bucks on your sawbuck.
- We hand-craft these pack slings in our Columbia Falls, Montana shop.
- The panniers attach to a sawbuck or Decker pack saddle using 1¼" wide x Hermann Oak harness leather straps with stainless steel roller buckles. These straps can be used with Decker hooks if so desired.
- The load is secured within the canvas by two 1¼" wide x 80" long Hermann Oak harness leather straps. Strap length is fully adjustable using a stainless steel roller buckle.
- The body is made from heavy 24 oz ounce canvas, and the edges are reinforced with 1¾" wide nylon safety webbing.
- The top edge of each pack sling has a dowel and is reinforced with heavy leather for added strength and protection from rubbing against the pack saddle.
- We have installed four grommets along each side so that whatever load is being carried can be secured from sliding front to back.
- A Hermann Oak harness leather strap is included to tie down the bottom to your pack cinch.
- Each sling measures 26" wide by 48" long.
- Sold as a pair
Note: these will fit almost any cooler and it is easy to overload them. We recommend that you keep the total weight of the entire load to no more than 20% of the pack animal's weight.