This TrailMax Classic Decker Pack Saddle Tree feature bars crafted out of solid cottonwood. Cottonwood has traditionally been the wood of choice for making pack saddle trees, as it is fiberous and resists cracking. In fact, many cottonwood pack saddle trees made 100 years ago are still in service today! The bars are shaped in the traditional O.P. Robinett style to fit most horses and mules extremely well.
The TrailMax Classic Decker Tree features traditionally-shaped arches that are ideal for packing mantied loads or panniers. When using panniers with the Classic Decker Tree, we recommend adding a set of Decker hooks to make them easier to load. The arches on our TrailMax Cottonwood Decker Trees are made of powder-coated, ¾"cold rolled steel. They are attached to the bars with 6 wood screws that are installed in a triangular pattern to prevent any rocking or loosening.
Features and Specifications:
- PREMIUM DURABLE MATERIALS - The bars of our TrailMax Cottonwood Decker Classic and Modified Pack Saddle Trees are crafted out of solid cottonwood that are sanded and finished with a protective coat of pure linseed oil. The arches are made out of powder-coated ¾" cold rolled steel.
- VERSATILE FIT - Our specially designed TrailMax Cottonwood Decker Pack Saddle Trees feature OPR style bars, to ensure they fit most horses and mules.
- CLASSIC STYLE ARCHES - This Classic Decker Tree features traditionally shaped, rounded arches that are ideal for packing mantied loads or panniers.
- TRAILMAX DESIGN BY OUTFITTERS SUPPLY- We design, field test & regularly use the equipment that we offer & we routinely introduce new products to better meet the needs of trail riders, packers & outfitters.
- MADE IN THE USA - We are proud to offer many trail riding and horse packing products that are made in the USA!