Tested in the rugged Rocky Mountains, these packs have proven their quality and durability. The TrailMax Original Pommel/Horn Bags easily fit endurance saddles and fit over most sizes of saddle horns. They are then secured with velcro straps over the pommel and tied down with the front saddle strings to prevent shifting and slapping against the horse or rider. The bags are padded with removeable liners. Ideal for long day rides on their own, but can also be combined with the TrailMax Pommel Pocket and the Junior or Original Rear Saddlebags or Daytripper Cantle Bag for longer rides. The insuliners have a compartment sized for most sport water bottles (not included), and is also an excellent place to stash your camera for extra protection. You will have room left over for lunch, a book, and other small necessities.
Features and Specifications:
- Removable Tricot foam liners offer gear protection
- Velcro straps securely wrap around pommel of both western and endurance bags, and webbing loops on the underside allow you to tie each bag down to your saddle strings as well.
- Bags fit over most western saddle horns (up to a 4" cap)
- Constructed from double-stitched, 600 denier weather- and uv-resistant, PVC coated polyester with heavy-duty #10 zippers and webbing reinforcement at all wear points
- Dimensions: 11"H x 8.5"W x 4"D (approx. 350 cubic inches per side)
- Machine washable in cold or warm water wash. Use low dryer heat or line dry. Remove the insuliners first: they are hand-wash and line dry only.
- Loved by many equestrian riders for trail rides, pack trips, search & rescue and much more...