Tested in the rugged Rocky Mountains of Montana, this is the ultimate saddle bag system for the Trail Rider. Our TrailMax Original Western Horse Saddlebag System is designed for an overnight or a multi-day pack trip with lightweight gear or a day out with lots of room for luxury items!
The TrailMax Original Saddlebag System includes hornbags and saddlebags, both with removable Tricot Foam insuliners, and a detachable cantle bag. Compression straps keep cargo in the cantlebag from shifting and can be used without the cantlebag to secure a bedroll or rain slicker.
We have shortened the distance between the saddlebags to ensure that they will not hang down on the horses flank and put weight in an awkward position. The system secures to saddle strings with double grommets on each side, as well as securing to the front rigging with quick release attachment straps. These straps snug the packs tightly to the saddle, making sure that there is no shifting or flapping.
The TrailMax Original pommel (horn) bags easily fit most endurance and western saddles. They are secured with velcro straps over the pommel and tied down with the front saddle strings to prevent shifting and slapping against the horse or rider. The pommel bags are equipped with removable Tricot Foam liners with pockets for gear protection.
For durability, the TrailMax Original Western Horse Saddlebag System is constructed from double-stitched, 600 denier PVC coated poly with heavy-duty No. 10 zippers and are reinforced with webbing at all stress points. The whole system can be machine-washed and dried just remove the insuliners and throw them in!
Saddlebag System Features and Specifications:
- Cantlebag is easily removed to pack and load
- Cantlebag compresses to lower profile when not fully loaded
- Removable insuliners can protect fragile cargo
- Nylon straps attach saddlebags to front rigging
- Saddlebags will not shift, slap or get in the rider's way
- Saddlebags: 14"H x 6"D x 12"W (approx. 792 cubic inches per side)
- Cantlebag: 22"L x 10"H x 10"D (approx. 1980 cubic inches
Hornbags Features and Specifications:
- Removable Tricot Foam liners for gear protection
- Built-in pocket in each bag for water bottles, cameras, binoculars, cell phone, etc.
- Fits over the horn and ties down to the front saddle strings
- Dimensions: 11"H x 8.5"W x 4"D (approx. 350 cubic inches per side)
Would you like more information?
Horse Saddle Bags: Packing for Success
Western Saddle Bags